K2's Accessing and Cleaning Data with Excel, Power Query, and Power BI (2 hours)
While there are a wide range of ways to analyze data, one must first retrieve, scrub, and organize data effectively before any of those techniques can be used. This session will help users understand and utilize end user data retrieval tools like Microsoft Power Query as well as content packs for Microsoft Power BI to connect, retrieve, reorganize, and create scripts to automatically reformat data of all kinds from a wide variety of sources. Attend this session and learn to use these powerful tools to solve and automate your data extraction and transformation processes.
- Learn about Power Query and begin using it to automate your data importing and formatting to make your work more productive
- See how content packs largely automate the retrieval of information from a wide range of applications
- Review powerful techniques for rearranging your data quickly in Microsoft Excel
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define the major components included in Microsoft Power Query and Power BI Content Packs
- Explain how Power Query fits into the Microsoft self-service Business Intelligence ecosystem (Power Query, Power Map, Power Pivot, Power View, and Power BI)
- List the types of data sources which can be accessed using Power Query, Power Pivot, and Power BI Content Packs
- Describe how Power Query transformations can be used to reformat, combine, and rearrange data retrieved from a wide range of sources
- Explain how Power BI and the Excel Data Model provide ways to use this data to create effective reports
- CPE credit: Recommended for 2 hours Information Technology
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Excel
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Business professionals who are seeking to query data from external data sources into Excel and Power BI for analytical purposes. This program focuses on Excel for Windows.