K2's Accounting Firm Technology Trends - On Demand (2 Hours)
The way accounting firms address technology is changing rapidly and many firms are not taking advantage of opportunities to make the firm and its team more efficient. This session will cover major findings from surveys, white papers, and other industry data to help attendees understand the state of the art of accounting technology. Participants will review data and examples of how other firms are making the most of technology in their practices. Attend this session and learn how other firms are taking advantage of new offerings and updated technologies available to the profession.
- Current technology trends in accounting and bookkeeping firms
- Strategies for selecting applications – using a suite of solutions from a single publisher or using a number of best of breed solutions from different publishers
- Options for where applications and data are stored– on-premises, hosted, or cloud-based
- Remote access and remote collaboration options and usage trends
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Associate the definitions of key technology terms like on-premises, hosted, cloud-based, SaaS, CAS, CAAS with the related definitions
- Select from a list benefits and drawbacks associated with different application hosting strategies
- Identify from a list key solutions and application suites discussed in the course
- List at least three ways which can be used to provide remote access to employees
- CPE credit: 2 hours Technology
- Prerequisites: None
- Program level: Basic
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Partners, staff, and other team members who want to use technology more effectively in their firms.
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.