K2's Excel Tips and Tools for Better Budgets - On Demand (2 hours)
Excel is the de facto budgeting and forecasting tool for most professionals, yet many who use Excel for these tasks do not take advantage of the numerous built-in tools available. Among other topics in this session, you will learn how to work with Excel features such as FORECAST, FORECAST.ETS, TREND, Forecast Sheets, XNPV, and XIRR. Additionally, you will learn better ways to manage what-if analysis using Scenario Manager, Solver, and the value of performing Monte Carlo simulations. In short, if you use Excel for budgeting and forecasting, you can’t afford to miss this session!
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- List key budgeting and forecasting-centric features in Excel
- Differentiate between Excel's capital budgeting functions
- Utilize Scenario Manager to manage different sets of budget assumptions
- Solve complex, multi-variable equations with Excel's Solver add-in
- Create Monte Carlo simulations to model risk in budgets and forecasts
- CPE credit: Recommended for 2 hours Computer Software and Applications
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of budgeting and Microsoft Office Excel
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Business professionals who are seeking to become more efficient and effective in budgeting processes. The program focuses on Excel for Windows, but many of the features can be found in Excel for Mac.
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.