K2's Automating Client Advisory Services (2 hours)
Bookkeeping has changed, and new technologies can automate much of the data entry work associated with this service. This session will take you through a “cookbook” of integrated solutions which can be deployed to offer collaborative client accounting services. We will cover tools like bank feeds, automatic reconciliation rules, OCR/data extraction solutions, data import/export/sync applications, payables and receivables workflows, reporting and business intelligence tools, sales tax calculation, and many more. Attend this session and learn how you can automate the manual work associated with client bookkeeping and client accounting services.
- Bank feeds, reconciliation rules, and how they automate data entry
- Tools and strategies for automating data exchange with accounting and add-in solutions
- Using OCR data extraction tools to capture invoice and tax (GST/HST) data from your bills
Upon completing this session, you should be able to:
- Explain bank feeds and bank reconciliation rules and describe how they automate data entry
- List at least two OCR/data extraction applications which can integrate with accounting software
- Describe how payables workflow automation tools work
- CPE Credit: Recommended for 2 hours Accounting
- Prerequisites: Basic
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advanced preparation: None
- Who should participate: Business owners, management accountants, and public practitioners who want to use automation to increase their bookkeeping team’s effectiveness and efficiency.