K2's Emerging Topics in Blockchain - On Demand (2 Hours)
Blockchain is one of the most watched emerging technologies, and yet very few accountants understand how this technology can be used to make existing ledger-based record keeping systems more efficient, effective, and tamper-resistant. This session will cover the basics of blockchain-based ledgers, discuss basic cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ripple, and then will discuss emerging issues such as stablecoins, central bank issued digital currencies, smart contracts, and sovereign identity management. Attend this session and learn how blockchain-based ledgers are likely to change how you work with others.
- Blockchain Basics and regulations
- Cryptocurrencies, stablecoins and blockchain-enabled central bank digital currencies
- Smart contracts, sovereign identity management, cross-border funds transfer and other emerging uses for blockchain-based ledgers
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Select the correct definitions for key terms associated with blockchain-based ledgers such as nodes/miners, blocks, hashes, coins, and tokens
- Differentiate the features of a cryptocurrency, a stablecoin, and a central bank issued digital currency
- Identify from a list key features of a smart contract
- Select from a list at least three different uses for blockchain-based ledgers covered in the course
Who Should Attend: Accounting professionals who want to understand blockchain and how it will be deployed in businesses and governments in the near future.
Course Level: Basic
CPE Credits: 2 Hours Information Technology
Advance Preparation: None
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.