K2's Getting Started with Power BI Desktop - On Demand (2 Hours)
Although Power BI Desktop dates back to 2015, many business professionals are just becoming acquainted with the tremendous power of this terrific reporting tool. If you are ready to get started with Power BI Desktop, then this session is for you!
In the first fifteen minutes of this session, you will learn how you can link data into Power BI Desktop and create dashboard-style reports with ease. From there, you will learn how to build even more sophisticated reports from differing types of data and how you can apply sophisticated filters to meet your exacting reporting needs. If you are interested in elevating your financial and operations reports with Power BI, then make plans to participate in this session.
Major Topics Covered
- Acquiring Power BI Desktop
- Linking data into a Power BI Desktop dataset and building transformations
- Creating compelling visualizations in Power BI Desktop
- Applying filters to your Power BI Desktop reports
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the required steps to query data into Power BI
- List examples of useful transformations you can create in Power BI
- Indicate which chart types are most effective in given situations
- Cite examples of ways to improve your visualizations
Recommended CPE Credit: 2 hours Accounting
Instructional delivery method: Group-live Internet
Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of computer operations
Program level: Introduction
Advance preparation: None
Who should attend: Business professionals seeking to learn how to work with Power BI Desktop
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.