K2's Introduction to the Excel Data Model - On Demand (2 hours)
The Excel Data Model is an in-memory multi-dimensional (OLAP) data engine available in all versions of Excel 2013 and newer. The Data Model is the core foundation of PowerPivot, but all users can take advantage of the added power of the Data Model without this premium add-in available in Office Professional Plus and the standalone version of Excel. With the Data Model, users can 1) relate multiple Excel tables, build PivotTables on multiple Excel tables, and 3) analyze PivotTable reports using Quick Explore, which allows users to drill up, down, and around in reports. This webinar will provide the knowledge and skill necessary to take full advantage of the Excel Data Model.
- Adding data to the Data Model
- Building PivotTables from multiple related Tables
- Using Quick Explore to drill up, down, and around in PivotTables built on the Excel Data Model
- Calculating date fields in Tables to overcome Data Model limitations
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the Excel Data Model
- List the advantages of using the Data Model as a PivotTable data source
- Create PivotTables from data stored in multiple related Tables
- Describe the process of relating Tables in Excel 2013 and newer
Who Should Attend: Accountants and finance professionals who want to put the power of the Excel Data Model to use right away.
Course Level: Intermediate
CPE Credits: 2 Hours Computer Software and Applications
Prerequisites: Good working knowledge of Excel
Advance Preparation: None
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.