K2's Password Management Tools - Why and How You Should Use Them - On Demand (2 Hours)
Correctly implemented passwords help protect valuable information. Both the complexity and the number of passwords required have multiplied. Further, it has been shown that using the same password for multiple sites or easy to guess passwords enable bad actors. Password management tools have emerged as a leading option for enhancing security to address these challenges.
In this session, you will learn how password management tools can help you implement, update, and manage your passwords. You will also learn about the features of leading password management tools and why these tools are necessary to improve security. Finally, if you hope to implement a passwordless approach, we'll spend time on the current options. If you are seeking to enhance security, this session is an absolute must!
Major Topics Covered
- Identify why strong passwords are a critical element of information technology controls
- List the key characteristics of "long-and-strong" passwords
- Differentiate between leading password management tools
- Enumerate alternatives to passwords to improve authentication controls
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Select current password management technologies from a list
- List characteristics of "long-and-strong" passwords
- Differentiate between key products and able competitors
- Identify leading methods to protect or change password use
- CPE credit: Recommended for 2 hours Computer Software and Applications
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of computer operations
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Business professionals who are seeking to become enhance the security and privacy of sensitive data
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.