K2's QuickBooks Desktop - Power Reporting with Excel - On Demand (2 CPD Hours)
In this session, we tackle the problem of reporting QuickBooks data with Excel. Excel offers extraordinary capabilities for reporting data, but only after we get the data into Excel. This session will demonstrate innovative ways to export data to existing Excel report templates; connect Excel Tables, PivotTables, and Pivot Charts directly to QuickBooks; update previously exported reports from within Excel; enhance reports using auto-filter and auto-outline; take advantage of Flash Fill to split account numbers and descriptions into separate columns quickly and easily; and use QuickBooks ES to produce multi-company financial statements even when the charts of accounts are different.
- Exporting and linking QuickBooks based reports to Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Creating PivotTable reports that are directly linked to a QuickBooks company file
- Using Excel functionality to improve QuickBooks reporting
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the process of exporting multiple reports to a single workbook
- Describe how to connect Excel Tables, PivotTables, and Pivot Charts directly to QuickBooks using ODBC
- Identify two features in Excel that can be used to enhance reports exported from QuickBooks
- Use the built-in functionality of QuickBooks ES to automate the process of producing multi-company reports
CPE credit: Recommended for 2 hours Computer Software and Applications
Prerequisites: Good working knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
Who should participate: Accounting and financial professionals seeking more thorough knowledge of QuickBooks financial reporting and analysis using Excel
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.