K2's QuickBooks for Accountants (8 hours)
QuickBooks is an extremely powerful product with features and capabilities of which many users are either not aware or do not know how to utilize effectively. This course helps you get more out of QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online and to resolve the issues with which even experienced QuickBooks users often struggle, such as locking down prior periods. This program starts out fast with a chapter covering the top issues accountants face with QuickBooks. The day continues with practical guidance and solutions designed to help accountants get the most out of QuickBooks for themselves and/or their clients. You will learn about issues, such as setting up a new company, configuring and customizing QuickBooks preferences, and enabling system security and password protection features. In addition, you will learn how to lock down transactions in prior periods, the audit trail, customizing reports, exporting reports to Excel, and extending QuickBooks’ usefulness with tools such as the Fixed Asset Manager and Loan Manager.
Despite the product's user-friendly design, the most common QuickBooks problems involve recording transactions incorrectly. To prevent these and other problems, adequate training is necessary. Help your company or client put the power of QuickBooks to work, the right way. Register for this professional educational seminar today!
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify appropriate responses to common QuickBooks user issues, such as closing accounting periods, eliminating payables and receivables from cash-basis financial statements, purging old transactions from QuickBooks, voiding checks in prior periods, viewing underlying debit and credit entries, and recommended end-of-period procedures
- List new features added to recent versions of QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online and apply these features; additionally, differentiate between the different products in the QuickBooks family
- Define appropriate procedures for setting up client data files in QuickBooks including converting data from other accounting applications, creating data files, using templates, entering beginning balances, establishing user access and security rights and privileges, and establishing preferences
- Work with various QuickBooks Lists, including entering and editing list data, techniques for managing lists, and importing and exporting list data
- Identify techniques for creating reports and analyzing data in QuickBooks, including creating and customizing Reports, and exporting reports to Excel
- Utilize QuickBooks tools to enhance management control, including budgeting and forecasting, depreciating fixed assets, and tracking loans and notes payable
- Identify situations where QuickBooks Online may be an appropriate solution for a business currently using or considering using QuickBooks
- CPE credit: Recommended for 4 hours Accounting and 4 hours Computer Software and Applications
- Prerequisites: Fundamental understanding of basic QuickBooks operations
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Accounting and financial professionals who use or support clients who use QuickBooks (This session is taught using the US Version)