K2's Six Emerging Technologies for Audits and Bookkeeping Engagements - On Demand (2 hours)
The world is abuzz about dozens of emerging technologies like artificial general intelligence, machine learning, and blockchain-based ledgers, but many of these technologies won’t have a meaningful impact your work for ten or more years, and some, like Google Glass, have fallen off the radar entirely. On the other hand, technologies like automated statement/document retrieval, automated data import and reporting, and electronic signatures are often not utilized. This session will mix a discussion of emerging technologies and will provide some insight into the kinds of work automation technologies available now and in the future in accounting and bookkeeping.
- A high level overview of emerging technologies
- Automation for accounting, auditing, and bookkeeping, including statement retrieval, testing with wizards, and receipt recognition
- High level discussion of blockchain
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain what is revolutionary about blockchain– and also why it is of limited use to accounting professionals in its current form
- List at least three technologies for accounting, bookkeeping, and auditing which are available and are often overlooked by accountants
- Define the terms blockchain, cryptocurrencies, artificial intelligence and machine learning
Who Should Attend: Accounting and business professionals who would like to understand some emerging technologies which will impact accounting in the future
Course Level: Basic
CPE Credits: 2 Hours Information Technology
Advance Preparation: None
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.