K2's Technoethics - On Demand (2 hours)
From the dawn of the Digital Age, ethical issues – with no easy solutions – have existed. These include questions relating to privacy, workers’ rights, and intellectual property. And, as technology advances, more issues are sure to arise. In this session, you will learn about the emerging field of technoethics and what you can do to promote ethical behavior in your organization, particularly as it relates to technology. You will also learn about some of the more notable technoethics lapses that have occurred, the fallout resulting from them, and how they could have been prevented.
Major Subjects Covered
- Differentiating between laws, morals, and ethics
- Examining key provisions of accountants’ Code of Ethics
- Reviewing notable technoethics issues and cases
- Creating a culture that advances ethics
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.
CPE credit: 2 hours Behavioral Ethics
- Prerequisites: None
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Accounting, financial, and business professionals seeking to identify accounting solutions that will support their small business needs