K2's The Perfect Storm - Data Governance and Privacy Regulations - On Demand (2 Hours)
How do you control the data you are responsible for? Consider the impact of the May 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as well as the December 11, 2019 introduction of a law in India giving authorities sweeping access to data and the most important piece of U.S. legislation, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) which is in force as of January 1, 2020. Companies like Microsoft and Apple not only claim they are ready, but plan to implement CCPA across the country. What about your business? Have you completed your implementation? Attend this session to learn practical steps you can take to be compliant with mandated regulations.
Upon completing this session, you should be able to:
- List the current fines for CCPA and GDPR
- Identify data governance risks
- Differentiate between privacy and governance
- Create a governance strategy to remain compliant with regulations for your business
- CPE credit: Recommended for 2 CPE hours Information Technology
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of basic technological and security concepts
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Business professionals who are seeking to enhance organizational data governance
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.