K2's The Very Real Risk of Ransomware - On Demand (2 hours)
Over the past two years, ransomware has surged as a major threat to individuals and organizations of all sizes. To illustrate the threat ransomware is, its’ annual cost to businesses is now estimated at over $8 billion, up from $1 billion in 2016. Against that backdrop, ask yourself “am I at risk?” Of course, the likely answer is “yes”. To reduce this risk, you should participate in this session where you will learn how you can avoid becoming yet another victim of ransomware. The survival of your business may depend on it!
Major Subjects Covered
- Understanding what ransomware is and how it is transmitted
- Exploring a variety of high-profile ransomware cases
- Developing an action plan to reduce your individual and organizational risk
Upon completing this session, you should be able to:
- Define “ransomware” and identify how ransomware is disruptive
- List the major ways ransomware is transmitted
- Identify key controls you should implement to reduce your ransomware risk
- CPE credit: Recommended for 2 CPE hours Information Technology
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of basic technological and security concepts
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Business professionals who are seeking to develop an action plan to reduce individual and organizational risk of ransomware
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.