K2's Your Technology Tuneup (2 hours) On Demand
Technology is great – until it isn’t! Sometimes our devices and our applications do not function as intended. Fortunately, a technology tune-up can go a long way toward improving your technology’s performance, reliability, and security, while simultaneously reducing costs.
In this session, you will learn about easy-to-implement – yet highly effective – tweaks that you can make to your hardware, software, apps, and services to ensure that your tech tools perform as intended. You will also learn about apps, services, and strategies you can use to help ensure that your hardware and software function as desired over the long term. This session is one that virtually all technology users should attend!
- How to improve the speed, reliability, and security of your computer
- Best practices for managing your software subscriptions
- Fine-tuning your Wi-Fi connections for faster throughput
- Managing your mobile devices for better performance and stronger security
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- List at least three specific adjustments that all computer users should implement to improve performance
- Identify services that you can use to manage software on a computer
- Differentiate between security features available in web browsers
- Distinguish between various Wi-Fi protocols and standards to improve connections speeds
CPE credit: Recommended for 2 hours Information Technology
Prerequisites: Fundamental understanding of basic computer operations
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
Who should participate: Business professionals seeking to improve the performance, reliability, and security of their technology, while simultaneously reducing costs
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.